Sunday, 26 June 2011

Lo. Lee. Ta.

Hey guys, and woooaaaahhhh! Long time no post! Because of this, I'm gonna give you one "College Life", one "OFOTD"...AND a "Jing-Jing's Junk" post, all in one blog! If you haven't guessed already, this post is going to be lolita-themed :D

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

 College Life #3: The Lolita Project  

I was hoping this "College Life" series of blogs would've lasted for longer, this is only #3 and probably my last of this "series" ha! Anyways, less rambling...I've been so caught up with my college work that I haven't had the time to blog ( @_@" ) Some of you may know that I based my final major project on "Lolita". I designed prints inspired by the novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov and made lolita-style skirts out of the fabric. Yep, it's a crossover of the innocent and the perverted xD Designing the prints was fun and I've always been interested in lolita fashion so I really enjoyed doing this project! 


Taa-daa~! My rail of skirts. As you can see the prints are pretty innocent-looking, which was what I was going for :) There's eight skirts on the rail and one more on a mannequin which you can just see on the right of the photo. I forgot to take a picture of the mannequin (damn!) but no worries since this is where my OFOTD part of this post comes in nicely ( ^_^ )

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

 OFOTD: Casual Lolita  


I'm not sure if I can really call this an "OFOTD" since I haven't exactly worn this in public (through I would if I had the chance too :D ) but here it is anyway! Excuse the lack of shoes. Eventhough I'm not a lolita and my knowledge of the style probably isn't as great as the lolitas, I'm pretty sure shoes are an essential part of a lolita outfit hehee. Unfortunately I don't own any lolita-ish shoes and we have a "no-shoes-on-carpet" rule at my house xD. I was actually picking out the outfit for my mannequin for the final exhibition, trying on different skirts with different tops and this is the outfit I ended up with. The blouse is from H&M and the skirt is self-made. You can't see it but I'm wearing a petticoat too which I made as well. I wish it was more poofy though ( =w=" )

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

 Jing-Jing's Junk #11: Mini Top Hat  

The title pretty much gives away what I found :L


If I remember correctly one of my best friends got this for me a few years ago from China. I though I'd include it in this post since it's got a lolita feel to it in my opinion ( ^_^ ).

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

So yeah, that was my lolita-themed post. I've pretty much finished my course and just need to hand in my sketchbook on Monday. Hopefully I'll carry on blogging regularly during the summer holidays c:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!