Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus: My New HG Mascara?! (Review)

Hey y'all I'm back again with another review! Some of you may know that Maybelline's Falsies is my HG mascara. However, recently I've been wearing the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus and I'm starting to think that this might be my new favourite (dun duun DUUUN!!).  Maybelline The Falsies versus Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus, let the mascara battle BEGIN >:D


*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

But first . . . My mascara specification. When I am buying mascaras, I am looking for one that:

 Holds the curls of my lashes 

Yep, that's it. I don't really care about volume and length. I basically applied mascara to darken and hold the curls. If it can't hold curls, sorry but the mascara instantly sucks in my eyes. Why don't I just re-curl them after mascara if they end up straight again? There are several reasons for this:

♪ #1 : Because there are mascaras in the market that claim to hold curls
♪ #2 : Re-curling is an extra step and I'm lazy
♪ #3 : I don't like getting my lash curlers dirty


Moving on . . . I'm gonna delay this "battle" a little more by showing you the wand:

As you can see it a comb applicator and the formula as teeny tiny fibres. To apply this I use the wide toothed side first and them the finer toothed side to brush up the fibres. My last fibre mascara didn't hold curls very well so when I first opened this I thought "awww man...this is going to be a waste of money isn't it". I'm glad I was wrong. Resume battle~!


♪ Battle #1 : Normal curled lashes versus one coat of Majolica Majorca. Look at that length! But how will it compare to the Falsies :o ?!


♪ Battle #2 : One coat of Falsies versus one coat of Lash Expander Frame Plus. Hmm . . . Majorca looks slightly longer but I'm not entirely sure. REMATCH!



♪ Battle #3 : Squint test ( = . = ) *evils* Yep, Majolica Majorca's longer and wins! Also, I feel it fans out my lashes neater than the Falsies.

More comparison photos (side view):


Maybelline the Falsies (two coats this time)



And Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus (two coats also)

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

So the final verdict, has Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus become my new holy grail mascara . . ?

YES YES YEEESSSSS  ( ^ ______ ^ )

I know I said that I didn't really care about length...but then it is a plus which therefore makes it better :P . Another reason is this:



I know, my lashes look kinda meh BUT this is my eye with Lash Expander Frame Plus after a long day at a theme park, being a monsoon (literally) and on a couple of water rides. I was soaked yet my lashes stayed somewhat curled...plus...there's no smudging or flaking :D My other eye wasn't so curled though since my fringe weight my lashes down on that side xD Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, the Lash Expander is better than the Falsies due to it's ability to hold curls. I have also experienced being in heavy rain whilst wearing the Falsies mascara but unfortunately my lashes ended up pin straight :(


*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

To summarize things, here are the pros and cons of the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus:
✔ Holds curls for a very long time
 Fans out lashes nicely
✔ Waterproof...plus windproof! (tried and tested on many rides in Thorpe Park lol)
✔ Lengths and darkens lashes
✘ Potentially hard to remove (extra virgin olive oil is great by the way!)
✘ The comb wand might take time getting used to
✘ If you're looking for volume, this mascara might not be the one for you ( ^_^" )
✘ Can be hard to get a hold of since it's a Japanese brand
I can see myself stocking up on this next time I visit Hong Kong (:

6 comments:

  1. OMG I used to LOOOOVE The Falsies! I say "used to" because I'm on that Maybelline vibrating mascara now~ ho ho ho~ it's great :D I'd love to see a battle of that versus the Majolica Majorca mascara! Fair game? Probably lol. Heck, they both have black and gold packaging... I wish I can try this out someday, but I can't ever bring myself to spend more than $7 on mascara. Thank god for false lashes XD I'm also super impressed to hear that it still holds up even through all the wind and water :O Seriously, some so called "waterproof" mascaras are total BS. >_< Also the way it combs out your lashes... <3 Even this dang vibrating mascara clumps O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try out this mascara!

    please check out my blog and reviews!
    http://samram1214.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to try this out
    definitely buying this next time i go to hk :)

    http://smileblossom114.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. it vs kiss me heroine long and curl .. what better for lengthening??

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember correctly, length is more buildable with MJ than Kiss Me. MJ is also more volumizing out of the two mascaras. However I have to say that I prefer Kiss Me's mascara because the brush is a lot easy to use. MJ's brush needs a bit more patience to use and I'm usually in a rush haha. Hope this helps :)


    If you're interested, you can see my review on the Kiss Me Long and Curl mascara here: http://shizurawr.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/kiss-me-heroine-make-long-and-curl.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing, thx for replying , i just got a Mạolica mạoca too :X first time use thíd brush has alittle bit hard but now it works perfect :x;X thx beauty

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!