Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Review: Geo Tri-Color World Series (Violet)

Yay I ordered another pair of lenses! As some of you may know, I wasn't a big fan of my preview pair of Princess Mimi lenses due to it's 15mm size. I did my homework this time round and ordered a pair of Tri-Colors which have a diameter of 14mm (:


As you can see I ordered from Eyecandy Lens. The lenses plus a case are in the little pouch.


Bottle shot! GEO stickers: yep, they're authentic :)


Comparison (BOOM!). Left eye has not lens (actually I think I was wearing my normal clear ones) and right eye has the Violet Tri-Color.

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

Now the wordy bit, the reviews!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

♪ Geo Tri-Color Violet Review 

~ Enlargement: 1/5

~ Colour: 4/5

~ Naturalness: 4.5/5

~ Comfort: 4.5/5

The lenses fail at enlarging my eyes which is why I love them!! When looking for circle lenses, I am more interested in the colour and whether it looks natural: size-wise and whether it blends well with the natural eye colour. I really like the shade of purple however I feel it can be a tad more vibrant because in darker lighting it looks like I'm wearing no lenses; but then I guess the eyes do naturally darken when it gets darker as with everything else :P . I find these lenses sooooo natural. I can't emphasize this enough, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the size! Unfortunately I find that the blending isn't as good as I would have liked. The main reason I picked the Tri-Colors was because they seem to have the similar yellowish ring as my Princess Mimi lenses which I though helped with the blending. The rings are in fact very similar (both similar shades of yellow, both rings feathers towards the middle of the lens). So yeah...I really don't know why the Tri-Colors doesn't blend as well as the Mimis *puzzled*. Oh well, you can't have it all hahaa~! Finally onto comfort, I haven't had any problems with irritation. It should really be a 5/5 but any type of lens WILL become uncomfortable after a certain time. I am a harsh reviewer hehee.

Overall . . . I will give the Tri-Colors 4.5/5. The only thing that bothers me is the blending but I can live with that :)

[update 6th Sept 2011] My opinions have slightly changed on these lenses. As time past the more I wore them the the more I could feel the lenses. No matter how clean and thorough I washed these Geo Tri-Colors or how many times I tried to relieve my eyes with eyedrops, the lenses didn't get any more comfortable so I've now decided I'm not going to wear these any more. Risking my sight is not something I want to do or recommend ( ^_^" )

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


♪ Eyecandy Lens Review 

The site is pink and bling! I'm not a fan of the colour or bling but I'm just nit picking xD The prices of the lenses include shipping so there's no need to do any maths, unless you're ordering more than one pair of lenses of course. The site is pretty easy to navigate but I found it hard to find the "Log In" and "My Account" bit since they're hiding at the top of the page! But that that might just be me being stupid and not seeing it ( ^_^" ) Anyway, the most important part of reviewing an online store: payment, shipping and packaging! Payment can be done through paypal so Eyecandy Lens gets a tick for that. Shipping was good and took 11 days (8 working days). In my opinion anything that takes over 2 weeks is slow so Eyecandy Lens is in my good books. Onto the packaging; my lenses were wrapping in bubble wrap for extra security (bonus points!) and put in an ultra cute pouch with the lens case. Cute details like this are always a plus! Apart from the pouch you also get a little business card which you can note down when your lenses expire. Oh and I think (sorry for going slightly off topic) if you camwhore with this card whilst wearing the lenses you bought from them you can get discount in future purchases if you send them the photo :D Finally you are also given instructions on lens care and how to wear them. All of this is shipped in a bubble wrap padded envelop. I really can't find any flaws in the shipping so well done Eyecandy Lens!

The final verdict: I am a very satisfied customer ( ^___^ )d *thumbs up*


*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

Here's a photo with me wearing the lenses in both eyes:


My eyes look "naturally purple" (lol). If anyone's wondering I was wearing "Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara" with "Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner". I did take better pictures (like close ups and swatches) and was going to review them but apparently the files didn't save ( =.=" ) Hopefully this review will be coming up in a near future post :3

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

Also...recently I've noticed a number of people searching for certain products and being linked to my blog (according to my stats). Am I a good reviewer, if not how can I improve and should I review more stuff??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!