Saturday, 7 January 2012

Face Products: My Collection, Tips and Upcoming Reviews

I know the title's a little misleading, but today I am going to be talk about "face products" as in foundations, concealers and BB Creams. I can't think of another word that the three things would fall under. Sorry if you thought this post would be about skincare ( ^_^" )


*tadaa* Here's all the face products I have at the moment.


Swatches.


Blended.


1. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (200 Soft Beige)
2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation Normal/Dry (180 Sand Beige)
3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (52 Vanilla)
4. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (55 Dark Beige)
5. Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream (No. 21 Light Beige)
6. Palgantong One Touch BB Cream (#10 Light Beige)
7.Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream (only one shade?)
8. MeMeMe Flawless Concealer (Buttermilk)
9. Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer (Nude Beige)
10. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer (52 Medium Radiance)

I will be doing reviews of the foundations and BB creams during the next week or so (I have too much time in my uni break heh). Not sure if I'll be able to do the concealers any time soon but if you really want a review just say and I'll keep that in mind (:

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

And now onto the tips!

[Just a note: in these tips I'm only referring to liquid foundations and liquid concealers]

 If all your foundations seems to be the wrong shade, before you go out and by another one, try mixing the ones you have already to get your correct shade. Foundation is sort of like paint, you can't by paint or foundation in every colour so you have to sometimes mix things.

 If you know all your foundations are too light, buy a slightly darker one that you'll normally go for and mix it with the ones you already own; this way you'll have a better chance of getting the perfect shade compared to trying to buy the perfect one. Obviously, if all your foundations are too dark, get a lighter one.

 Make your own tinted moisturizers by mixing the foundation and moisturizer that works best for you.

 Is a concealer not opaque enough to cover imperfections? Don't though it away yet! Try using it as a foundation, or maybe even mix it to create a tinted moisturizer.

 Is your foundation too dry? Try mixing in some moisturizer and  then apply it.

 Does your foundation have too sheer of a coverage? Try mixing in some concealer.

 Is your foundation too dark? Try using it as bronzer and for contouring. Too light? Try using it to highlighting. Too yellow? Try using it to conceal dark circles. Too pink or peachy? Blusher maybe. Too green or purple? That ain't foundation girl.

I'm sure other people are already doing some of the things I've said. These tips aren't exactly rocket science, the main point is: don't give up on a foundation so easily and throw it away. Before you do, make the most of it and try mixing things you have already to make it work somehow; you'll be wasting less and could save some money! Of course, if a product is causing irritation, flaky skin and breaking you out etc I suggest you stop used it ( =w=" )

Blog to you soon c:

3 comments:

  1. wow, you have many face products! :D
    look interesting <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow , you brought so many products!!
    I've tried Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer but I found that canmake's Concealer perform better ! and I am interested in Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ cominica: Hahaa I used to have more! I'm trying to use it all up and cut down to one or two products xD

    @ Some of these products are pretty old ^^" I haven't tried any of Canmake's stuff yet but hopefully that'll change in the future~!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!