Monday, 9 January 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation Review

Mine is in the shade 200 Soft Beige. Let's get reviewing!


"Sweat, heat, humidity and transfer proof for up to 25 hours. Enriched with a revitalizing Mineral Complex andd moisturizing Aqua Primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day." That's what it says on the back of the bottle. I like long lasting foundations so this sounds good to me!


My skin cleansed and moisturized before foundation. I have fairly large pores and a little bit of redness. If anyone was wondering what skin type I am, I have very dry sensitive skin (with eczema (~_~) ) and a slightly oily t-zone.


After foundation. Where are my pores :o ?!


Normal distance, front view. I tried to keep a "normal" expression...I felt like I was taking a passport picture lolol. On the left I have foundation, on the right I'm make up free. As you can see the left side is a lot more flawless and even than the right. I bought this foundation around spring/summer time last year and it was too light for me back then. I'm slightly paler now since we're in winter and it's a pretty damn good match for my skin colour at the moment!

So to simplify things and some extra good points...

~ Natural medium coverage
~ Evens my skin tone
~ Minimizes pores
~ Feels light on the skin
~ Doesn't dry my skin
~ Has a pump
~ Cheap (costing at £7 original price)

And now somethings I haven't mentioned yet, the bad points...

~ Dries to a tacky finish so powdering is a must
~ Melts a little towards the end of the day
~ Nose is sort of shiny at the end of the day
~ Looks better with a primer eventhough it claims to have an "Aqua Primer"

All in all, this is a pretty good foundation and I think it's worth the money! The only problem is that it doesn't stay perfect looking at the end of a day but then most foundations don't either; it doesn't look a horrible mess so I don't really mind. I recommend using a primer with this (and any foundation really) because I really do believe they improve things on the whole. So the important questions: would I repurchase and/or recommend it? Yes and yes!

Hope this was helpfully and blog to you soon ( ^__^ )

1 comment:

  1. i've been eyeing this product but wasn't sure about it, guess it does great at hiding pores! thanks for the review
    now following you :3
    hope you stop by my blog!
    www.aquaknockout.blogspot.com
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!