Thursday, 7 June 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review

Hey guys, it's time for another review!


"Up to 16h prefectly glowing complexion & toned skin."

"Perfect coverage. Semi-matte finish. Oil free. Tolerance tested dermatologically. Maintains essential skin hydration."

Sounds great! But then every company is going to say that their products are good :P


My bare skin, now in higher definition!


With foundation (shade 52 Vanilla). Excuse the slight flakiness; my eczema flared up :c

The good...

~ Close match to my skintone
~ Feels natural
~ The smell (though it's not for everyone)
~ Oil free
~ Has a Pump
~ Covers pores

The bad...

~ No SPF
~ Packaging feels a bit cheap considering the price (£10ish)


Half and half shot. I have foundation on the left side of my face.

I really like this foundation! Out of all the foundations/BB creams I own this has the best consistancy. It smells soooo yummy which make it quite enjoyable to apply! I like this foundation so much that I bought a darker shade (55 Dark Beige) so I can mix it together with my other face make up products when I'm more tanned. The coverage is in my opinion is medium (but buildable) which I've started to like lately; since it's summer I want something a little lighter. This foundation does dry to the semi-matte finish which it claims to offer so I only need to powder my nose. And does it "maintain essential skin hydration"? I think it does a pretty good job because it doesn't exaggerate my current flaky skin. The flakiness is not caused by the foundation. It's natural unfortunately :\  I like foundations that's stay looking good throughout my day so the 16 hour part appeals to me. I don't normally wear foundation as long as 16 hours but I can say that it does last and look good until I come home from being out and about after around 8-10 hours.

I can happily say that I would recommend this foundation to most people. People with oily skin can benefit from the semi-matte finish and that it's oil free, whilst dry skinned people can benefit from how this foundation keeps in the skin's moisture. I feel that sensitive skin people may be able to use this product too because this it hasn't affected my eczema. However everyone has different skin so while this foundation my not worsen my skin it may for you ( ^^" )

Have you tried this foundation before? Thank for reading :)

24 comments:

  1. Wow is a really cool foundation, it´s the first time than i see it! Nice!

    Sakuranko Blog
    My Facebook Fan Page

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really?? This foundation is pretty popular and has won a few awards! Some of the reasons that attracted me to buying it haha~!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this foundation now *_*
    That is some great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! It seem like it'd work for most skin types...but don't quote me on that lol
      Hahaa I know right :D

      Delete
  3. nice blog! mind to follow each other?

    xx,
    http://blushinglady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you~!
      Will check out your blog when I have time c:

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review! It looks good (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^ I use this foundation as well, it works about the same for me, as I have eczema and flaky skin too haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo really?? I find that sometimes I can't wear foundation because of eczema but with this one it's works pretty well doesn't it ^_^

      Delete
  6. I have this foundation too and I love it ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, I may try this foundation out when I need a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope it works well for you too if you do try it (:

      Delete
  8. This foundation do look so nice on your skin!! Thanks for the review.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! And no problem :)

      Delete
  9. That foundation looks great! It blends nicely into your skin which is always something we want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! And yeah I totally agree! Buying the wrong coloured foundation is the worse >_<

      Delete
  10. I actually really like this foundation :D!
    And the lovely fruity scent is really a bonus <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahh I can't get enough of the scent...it's soooo gooood :D :D :D

      Delete
  11. I think your skin looks really good without any foundation at all! I'm currently using the serum version of this Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and for the most part I think it's a terrific product. The only gripe I have with it is that the shade I'm using (53) is a touch too yellow and dark. Not sure if #52 in the original Healthy Mix would be a better colour match - I heard that the equivalent shade numbers aren't exactly the same between the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I was just having a good day lol! I've heard something like the odd numbered shades are more yellow toned and the even ones are more pink toned. But then it could be the other way round :s If a foundation is too dark true mixing in a lighter shade :)

      Delete
  12. I have oily skin i wonder if it'll work for me, it is quite expensive though:(

    you have such beautiful skin

    http://smileblossom114.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's oil free you you could give it a try. Sorry I'm not much help...I have dry skin ^^"

      And thanks for the compliment! It didn't used to be like this until I finally started using the right skincare products lol

      Delete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!