Thursday, 14 June 2012

Review: GEO Nudy Grey

It's been a while since I did a circle lens review! I've had these lenses for a while now but I finally decided to open them.


These lenses were free (asides from post and packaging) from Shoppingholics! You can claim one free (random) pair of lenses by simply reviewing a pair of lenses which you purchased from them. If you want more info click here. I sound like I'm really promoting them aren't I but no I am not paid to say this lolol! I just want to put out there that they're a good site to consider if you are planning to buy more than one pair of lenses :D

Anyway, onto the review!


I forgot to do a bottle shot haha so here's a photo of the lens in a case


Without lens in the left, with lens in the right. My eyes are bloodshot sorry D:

A little info on the lens . . .

Diameter: 14.0mm
Water Content: 38%

Base Curve: 8.6mm

Life Span: 1 year disposal

My ratings for these lenses . . .

~ Enlargement: 3.5/5

For a pair of 14mm lenses, these are quite enlarging on me for some reason which I don't really like. But saying that the effect isn't too big that makes me not want to wear them.

~ Colour: 5/5

I LOVE the grey! It's noticeable enough yet it doesn't scream "hey omgz look I have grey eyes omg" lol. I usually go for 3-toned lenses, as I feel they blend into my brown eyes better and look more natural, so knowing that these are only 1-toned made me put off trying these lenses. However, these lenses are surprizely natural so I guess maybe I should start giving non 3-toned lenses a chance too heh.

~ Naturalness: 3.5/5

If you guys have read my other reviews, you'll know that I usually try to go for the lenses that blends in most naturally with my eyes and these lenses do! However, the colour isn't 100% opaque which makes a "halo effect" I think it's called. I don't like that effect as I find it unnatural so I've marked the naturalness down.


~ Comfort: 4.7/5

Because I'm nearly out of my regular clear lenses, I have been wearing these as my everyday lenses and I have to say; so far so good! I can go the whole day wearing these lenses and not feel them. I've had quite bad experiences with GEOs in the past in terms of comfort *cough* Tri-Color *cough* so I stopped looking at GEO lenses. These lenses have proven that not all GEO lenses are bad so when I want a new pair of circle lenses I'll consider GEOs again.

Overall I would give 4/5 to these lenses! They're natural but the halo effect and slightly more enlarging effect has made me take one point away ( ^_^" )

As with most lens reivews, here are some camwhore shots :P





That's it for the review!

17 comments:

  1. it's quite natural.. nice review ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them! My friend always wears her blue ones and gets so many compliments ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda want to try the blue ones too!
      They're a really pretty shade IMO :3

      Delete
  3. I agree, it doesn't look unnatural !
    I like the enlargement :)
    I really wanna try circle lenses but lol no money :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I don't like the enlargement but then everyone looks for different things in lenses :L
      Save up ;D

      Delete
  4. You look so gorgeous! ^___^ i love this series of GEO lenses! Esp the brown ones!! I like the halo and slight enlargement they give tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great on you :)

    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these lenses look quite good on you!

    xo kerker
    The Ugly Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah! Those lenses are so enlarging for 14mm! I was surprised when I read that they were
    They look really pretty on you and I'm loving the color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tea!
      I know right! I had to double check they weren't the Super Nudy Greys but nope...they're the regular ones!

      Delete
  8. Hello I'm kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com ^^
    I'm a blogger, in fact I do my blog since already 1 year (I think, I'm not sure ;P HiHi) but I have decided to continue this one again! :)
    I really hope you'll love my blog, I speak about myself, my life, what I love... I write it in French cuz I'm a French girl, so maybe you can't understand! :'(
    But I put a lot of pictures so I really hope you'll love it ;P
    So please, come to see my blog and tell me about it ^^
    Have a nice day and I hope to see you soon ♥

    (I'm so sorry if you don't understand my language! :'( But if you want you can read my blog with your language, you write "kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com" on google and click on "translate this page" (something like that ^^) and you choose your language, after that you'll can to read my blog in your language! ;)
    I hope you can understand :P)

    Kisses ♥ ;P

    (Kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You're so pretty! Your eyelashes are so long!! Did you use mascara? What kind if you did? it's so long! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^///^
      Yeah in my camwhore pictures I did! I can't remember which one I used but it's either Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus or Maybelline the Falsies or a combination of both :)

      Delete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!