Wednesday, 25 July 2012

What in my make up (and toiletries) bags?

[It's finally here! Sorry for the wait. This post should really be called "what WAS in my make up and toiletries bag" :'D]

I said that I'd do a post on some of the stuff I will be taking on holiday so I thought I'd do the fairly popular "what's in my make up bag" post. I don't usually carry around a make up bag as I don't usually touch up during the day but this post will show you some of my most used products. I will also be showing my toiletries bag too so you guys can see some of the stuff I use for my current skincare routine.


I have two bags because I like to keep my makeup and skincare separate

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

So let's see what's in my makeup bag first:


Sleek Eau La La Liner - My favourite pencil liner at the moment. It's lasting power is pretty good and the texture is creamy which makes it a dream to apply

~ Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner - eventhough I'm preferring soft lines atm I brought this felt tip liner with me just in case I have a day where I'm feeling for a bolder, cleaner line.

~ Maybelline the Falsies - My HG mascara. Enough said.

~ MJ Lash Expander Frame Plus - My other HG mascara. When I use it along with my Maybelline one my lashes look DA BOMB!

~ Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm - My HG lip balm. This is the only lip balm that really works for me to helps me prevent dry lips. It has SPF too!

Mememe Pussy Cat Cheek and Lip Tint - I will be eating a lot in Hong Kong so I'm avoiding lipsticks and glosses and using this long lasting stain instead

~ Collection 2000 Hot Looks Nail Polish in "Button Moon" - Nail colour I will be wearing in Hong Kong. Just in case it chips :P

~ Elf Brightening Eye Colour in Brownstone - A quad that isn't pigmented enough...which is PERFECT for filling in my brows for a natural look lol.

~ Ecotools Angled Eyeliner Brush - this is actually really bad for applying eyeliner but does a pretty damn good job at applying my brow colour.

~ Other tools: Mister Mascara Tweezers, Mister Mascara Lash Curlers, Mister Mascara Lash and Brow Comb, Yestyle Mirror, unbranded sharpener and hair ties...pretty sure I don't need to explain what these do :)

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

And now my toiletries bag:


~ Juju Cosmetics Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Washing Foam - A nice foamy face wash that makes my face feel squeaky clean

~ Simple Kind To Skin Moisture Boost Hydro Cream AND Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer - I bring two moisturizers because my face can never decide if it wants to be dry or oily =__=

~ Clinque Moisture Surge Extended Thrist Relief and Collagen by Watsons Hydrating Facial Gel - just in case my skin needs a boost

~ Contact lenses, case, solution and eyedrops - I don't really like wearing glasses ( ^_^" )

~ Some medicated cream my grandma gave to me - in case my eczema flares up. This cream is also pretty good for mosquito bites too! That's Chinese meds for you.

~ The pill - These are in my toiletries bag so I remember to take them everyday. I highly recommend going on the pill if you want to make sure your monthlies don't come. Periods can be unpredictable sometimes D:

~ Hello Kitty Plasters - If you guys didn't read about it already. I am a klutz and always bang my toes. My big toenail just fell of a few days before my holiday (sorry if this grosses you out). I'm gonna be wearing sandals in HK so I want my toe too look cute hehee.

~ Lacoste Joy of Pink - A fragrance I regularly use. I like to smell nice c:

~ Three travel bottles of products - Containing products that were originally packed in big, heavy bottles which would've been stupid to take on holiday. It's a good idea to use travel bottles instead of buying travel size products as it is more cost effective

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

What's in the travel bottles:


~ Holland & Barrett Aloe Vera Gel - To moisturize my skin. My skin is hooked on this stuff! Hence the massive bottle it originally comes it

~ Nivea Visage Pure  Natural Cleanzsing Toner - To tone my face. I don't actually like this but I'm trying to use it up

~ Biore Cleansing Oil - To take of my make up. I've used this stuff to death I don't even have the sticker on the bottle anymore!

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.

So yeah...that's all the make up and skin care stuff I'm taking I took on holiday.
What are some of your most used products?
See you in my next post :D

8 comments:

  1. Great post :)
    I'm really interested in the Falsies!
    I actually do like the ecotools eyeliner brush for eyeliner :P Although I have stabbed myself a few times, but that's my fault at being an eyeliner noob haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheri~!
      It is a GREAT mascara! One of the only ones that can hold the curls of my pin straight lashes!!
      I find the Ecotools eyeliner brush too thick...I prefer a thinner line ^^"

      Delete
  2. Fun post~ :'D

    Your make-up bag is so cute~ >u<
    I absolutely love the Dolly Wink liner too, for clean, crisp lines~ :'D I've been looking into the Falsies mascara for such a long time now (waiting to finish using the current two I have before I get it), so it's good to see that someone has it as their HG! c: Definitely confirms some things for me. xD

    HK Bandaids are the cutest! >u< I'm sorry about your big toe though. D': That sounds so painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed reading it :D

      Falsies is a must try mascara in my opinion! Especially for girls with those stubborn Asian lashes. This mascara is one of the rare ones that can actually hold curls properly!!

      Yeah it was D': Luckily it's healing now :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love posts like these! It's always really interesting to see what people have in their bags.
    Anyways, ah that Aloe Vera gel looks great - I'll have to look into getting some one day! And cuteee!! Those Hello Kitty bandaids are adorable! ^^
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I like finding out what products are good and work for people :)

      Aloe vera is super soothing imo and helps me lock in more moist when I use it under a moisturizer so definitely give it a try some day ^^

      Delete
  4. Ahaha omg you have so many Asian products in one toiletries bag! I love finding out what other girls use in their bags :P I will do a post like this sometime, this was inspirational!

    NingNing

    Wanna follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww happy to hear I'm an inspiration :'D
      Ironically I lost my make up bag the other day when I went to visit my boyfriend so I've lost half those products D':

      Delete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!