Friday, 10 August 2012

[RANT] Meaningless Comments

I don't usually rant on my blog but today ranting is exactly what I will be doing. This post was inspired by one post that a lovely blogger called Plumi wrote. I think it's a post that's worth reading so just click on her name to do so. Ok, let the rant begin!

I enjoy blogging. I find it actually quite relaxing but there are some things that I don't like about it. For example, I don't like getting comments that are blatantly meaningless on my blog and a type of comment that I really dislike are "follow for follow" comments.

I try to reply to most comments nowadays because I feel it's only polite to. If someone has taken the time and effort to stop by, read my posts and then comment; it's only polite to return the effort by replying. However, I do not like replying to comments that's basically begging me to follow a blog. I still reply anyway though, because in my opinion it's only fair if I'm going to reply to other peoples' comments eventhough I know these bloggers only wants hits and attention. Man, I'd probably still click on their link and check out their blog because I'm a curious person! However, some bloggers take this too far. To the blogger I'm going to put on blast; you wanted attention, well you got your attention! However, I'm going to keep you anonymous in this post just in case you can't handle it. Unfortunately, I can't keep you completely anonymous though seeing as you was the one that decided to comment on my blog in the first place.

OK, so on with my story! Today I was just checking my email and I see that this person, let's call her..."Soup" (I happen to be drinking soup lol), had commented on my blog. If fact she commented twice! My initial thought: YAAAAY I LOVE SOUP OMG COMMENTZ!!!11!1!!


Soup commented on my Asian Beauty Product Haul post twice :D

I remember Soup had commented in my last post too so I was happy to see her stop by again. I opened my emails to see what her comments say. I was pretty disappointed.


This was an email saying she'd commented one day ago.


Email notifying me Soup's comment from today =__=

After seeing this, I decided to check the comment section of my post:


Comment removed.

To ask for "follow for follow" so desperately that you don't even realize you copy and pasted your comment on the same blog post. THEN trying to cover it up by deleting it.

To all the people who do this follow for follow shizzles: STOP IT! It's fricking annoying and you might make the same mistake as Soup and get exposed if you're unlucky. Blogging is not a popularity contest OK? If people are interest in your blog, they will follow it so there's no need to be all tryhard about it because that just pushes people away. Don't you want followers that actually appreciate your blog rather than ones that's only followed you just because you followed them? Sure it maybe hard to get followers when you first start out blogging, I've been there and so have all the bloggers out there too, but if your blog is good people WILL see that and you WILL gain followers!

To "Soup" if you see this: Don't you look a bit silly now? If you like my blog that much why don't you just follow it? Also, I did actually check out your blog however it wasn't really my cup of tea so I didn't follow you. If I happen to past your blog in the future and your posts do interest me then, maybe I will follow you one day.

And finally, to the people who think I am a harsh bitch for doing this: I probably will look back at this post and think I was a little harsh but this is my blog so I can write what ever I like. I feel annoyed so at the moment I'm going to post a rant about it. I don't have anything against Soup so please don't hate. From what I saw on her blog, she seems like a pretty cool girl. I just wanted to prove a point. I'm sure there are many bloggers out there who feel the same way about these meaningless comments!

So yeah, end of rant. Next time if you want to copy and paste that comment of yours to spread your link, think again. Maybe you should try reading the post first and then compose a comment.

Have you ever gotten any comments on your blog that is obviously meaningless or copy and pasted? How do you guys deal with them? Anyone else find them as annoying as I do or am I just overreacting?

18 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate comments like that. It's so pointless and a waste. People are so desperate for attention that they have to copy and paste on to several peoples pages asking for follows.
    I really hate the ones where they completely ignore what the post is about and say "Amazing post. Follow me back?" really you didn't even read anything in it and have the nerve to ask me to follow you. I'll only follow back if im interested ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one that feels like this!
      I totally get what you mean! If they can put the effort into their blogs I'm pretty sure they're capable of putting effort into commenting but some people just don't seem to care!!

      Delete
  2. LOL I get those all the time. I either don't reply to their comment or just say thanks. You're so nice ahah I don't think you're being harsh at all and you even tried to hide her identity.

    And yay! I'm featured in your blog post! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa I see! Yeah I usually just say thanks too. How long my reply usually depends on how long a comment it. There's only so much I can reply to something like "cool blog" :L

      LOL!! Yes you are! You just happen to be in the right place at the right time ;D

      Delete
  3. hi!! Great post would love it if you stopped by my blog...

    LOLjks jks. But I totally understand, I have some of those commenters as well, it's so obvious they didn't really read the post -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!! I'm already a follower of you blog though girl xD
      I know right! Sigh I hope they stop =.="

      Delete
  4. Totally know how you feel, those comments are so annoying = =). I just ignore them because as you said, it's just gaining them an empty following. Sometimes I come across blogs with 40 followers and tons of comments on every post, other times I come across blogs with 300 followers and nobody comments. The "followers" don't care about anything posted, they just followed for follow lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's pretty unfair right :/
      I sometimes come across blogs and think "Wow, this is really good and they seem so cool! They totally deserve more followers". OMG 300 followers and no comments?! I though one of the reasons people blogged is so people can read them lolz

      Delete
  5. woah, inspired post! Made my day! Never seen anybody so desperate before, this Soup really needs to get a grip! Silly billy. Glad you're not just being a push over and following her :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made your day Plum ♥
      Just spreading the word! Some bloggers to realize they need to chill and stop being so follower hungry!! Followers will follow in their own time :L

      Delete
  6. I don't ask for follows back but I do tell people that they earned my follow because they probably have too many followers to know that they gained a little one like me haha!

    and ranting is completely fine in the blogosphere. It gives you opinions and also gets it off your mind! although haters gonna come out of nowhere and hate sometimes .. haters < lovers ok. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh see that acceptable because I'm sure most bloggers would love it know they have a new follower :D

      True but I'm just not one that usually rants :'D I like to try and keep my blog positive but I feel this is something everyone needs to know about the blogging world (and in real life too!)...if you look desperate it doesn't give off the best impressions ^___^"

      Delete
  7. I know what you mean. I use to kinda do that (more like link my blog URL and make an actual comment after i've read the blog post) and I realized it was annoying people, so i just stopped doing that and only commented. And since most bloggers are kind (like you) and reply back to my comments, then obviously, if it's an interesting enough comment that'll get me hits, followers etc. I can't believe 'soup' is so rude that she'd post twice and pretty much demand you follow her. Sometimes, it might be easier if you just set your commenting system to 'approval' rather than just let people comment willy nilly, although that means more work for you :(

    I hope you're okay though, some people like soup need to, and will realize soon enough that saying random broken sentences in someone's blog post and then spamming their blog URL will not get them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think many people have done the blog URL thing. I think I've actually done it too and some point lol but hey, you learn from mistakes right? I now actually don't see why people do it still because you can easily link a profile to a blog nowadays; saves the hassle from copy and pasting LOL

    I don't think Soup was trying to be rude on purpose. She probably just got a bit carried away with spreading links then she didn't realize she'd put her link on a post she'd already posted on :L I hope she and other people will learn from her mistake. Ahh the comment approval idea does sound cool but I think I'm too lazy to go with that but thanks for suggesting it xD

    Thanks for your concern too Jen ♥ I'm fine and have calmed down now so there's no need to worry :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I am following you now, because of your audacity to post things like this. xD I like that haha. I completely agree with you, it makes me feel like you've skimmed past my blog just to provide advertising for yours. I don't mind people leaving their blog url at the end of a message, I feel that's similar to a signature in an email, but when people ask me to follow then they'll follow my blog, especially when their comment has no relevance to the rest of my blog, that really grinds my gears.

    >:( I'm really sorry for ranting in your blog comments LOL! Such a bad first impression made by a new follower right? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa just spreading the word and blogging how I was feeling at the time but wow thank you :D !

      Yeah the blog URL thing isn't too bad as long as they've read my post. The no relevance thing really annoys me too!! Like I just literally removed a comment from my giveaway post that said "cool haul". Haul? Haul?! HAUL?!?! IT'S A FRICKEN GIVEAWAY D:<

      Hahaa don't worry about ranting. Everybody has to vent out once in a while. I just ranted too so I can't judge xD

      Delete
  10. Ah, there are a lot of users like 'Soup' nowadays. I used to follow back a while ago, but I'm trying to only follow blogs with content I actually enjoy now. It's fine if they actually are a real reader of yours, I think, you kind of get to know one another then! Otherwise those that only make really obviously shallow comments... I think this is why I moderate my comments to send all the 'follow me back' comments to spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame isn't it *sigh*. I only follow blogs I enjoy reading. Why would I want a blog on my reading list if I'm just going to scroll past it? I sometimes think about if I should moderate my comments too but for now I'll stick to marking them as spam due to laziest :'D

      Delete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!