Thursday, 6 September 2012

Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara Review

Hey guys and maaaan I've been on a roll with blogging!! I have blogged five days in a row and today is going to be the sixth! However, this may be my last blog in a while since I've got work and need to pack for uni for the next few days; then it's back to the student life for me. I've taken some pictures already and some notes for future reviews so hopefully I can still post now and again when I find the time to whilst living in university.

Anyway, back on topic! Today I will be doing a review on the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara. Quite surprized I haven't done a lot of mascara reviews because they are probably the make up products I buy and try out the most!!


Picture of the mascara in it's full packaging. What sold me was the shape of the brush. Reminds me of The Falsies mascara which I'm constantly raving about.


Out of the plastic packaging. The tube is so cute, I love the rose detailing on the cap!


Comparison of my HG mascara and the Kiss Me Heroine mascara.

As you can see both brushes are similar but not the same. The Falsies is more thicker because of it's "spoon brush" shape so it's more flat. The Kiss Me mascara's brush is the same...diameter?...throughout the brush. I will be testing this mascara against my HG mascara because I'm looking for the best!


Mascara on the left and none on the right

As you can see my lashes are more defined and looked lengthened. In terms of volume, this macara isn't the best but then I wasn't looking for volume anyway.


Kiss Me Heroine versus Maybelline

The lashes with Maybelline's mascara on look darker and more voluminous. However I think the Kiss Me Heroine's mascara is slightly better at lengthening though. Both of the mascaras hold my artificially curled Asian lashes beautifully...or do they?!


The ultimate test: FRINGE TEST!

I know my fringe doesn't look like it's level (should have taken a better shot) and the Falsies on the right side looks like it has a slight disadvantage, but the contact of my fringe has made my lashes with the Falsies mascara droop a bit. The curls are still holding strong on my other lashes though!

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,. 

The Good:

~ Defines and lengthen
~ Hold curls AMAZINGLY (I still have curled lashes even after a shower)
~ Skinny brush to get all those lashes
~ Doesn't flake or run
~ Lashes still feel somewhat natural with one layer (can't comment on multiple layers because I don't like applying more than one coat on most days)
~ Waterproof and doesn't budge

The Bad:

~ Not as volumizing as some make want a mascara to be
~ VERY waterproof. You will need a very good makeup remover! (I highly recommend using an oil based one)
~ Not readily available where I'm from

*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,.*・。,. 

So the verdict, has the Kiss Me Heroine Make long and Curl Mascara beaten my HG The Falsies Mascara by Maybelline?

Yes.

It may not be as dark or volumizing, but that's not the first then I look for in a mascara. I usually look for the ability to hold curls well and length in a mascara before I start thinking about volume. I will probably still use and repurchase my Falsies mascara since it the best mascara I've come across in my country. Gonna have to use this Kiss Me Heroine mascara sparingly though *sigh*

27 comments:

  1. Ooh thanks for the review~
    I love the Kiss Me Heroine Make products! They're so cute :D
    Ooh it's so lengthening, definitely more than falsies (which I'm also using right now too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo~
      I know right!! I'm really loving this mascara so I'm hoping to try more of their products in the future ^__^
      Ahh Falsies is a very good mascara <3

      Delete
  2. I seen a lot of reviews on this product. I kind of want it but it isnt so volumizing like it says :/
    Maybe one day ill just buy it just because haha. It's a bit expensive online though, wish I had a store where Asian cosmetics were sold omg i'd be there everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a volume and curl version of this mascara so maybe you can look into that! I know I will be xD
      Yeah I'd love an Asian cosmetic store near me too! Some product here just don't cut it for me lol

      Delete
  3. The kiss me one looks more naturale but I'd still prefer the maybelline just cause it makes it look more voluminous(google told me I spelled volumous wrong .. it's voluminous?!) and yeah. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I want volume I'd just layer a coat of Falsies on top hehee! It's what I do when I'm having days when I want to look more made up and dramatic :]

      Delete
  4. I have the volume one and YES. This brand is the hardest mascara to remove on the earth!! This one did lengthen very well though ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I saw your review!! It was actually what made me test this mascara first from my haul xD I sort of like that it's hard to remove because it means it will stay on all day haha

      Delete
  5. you're lashes are long to begin with (me= jealous) haha
    thanks for the review, i'll definately keep this in mind
    hope you check out my blog :)
    ~Jill
    http://lipstixtraces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm sorry >__<"
      Yes you should definite try this mascara when you can :D

      Delete
  6. :O Better than your HG mascara?? Wow!
    I've heard of this brand, wish I could try out more asian brands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I know right!!
      This is the only thing I've tried from this brand so far...hopefully that will change xP

      Delete
  7. >< your lashes are long!
    i need to try both mascaras!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your lashes curl so nicely! I've tried the maybelline one but it worked terribly for me >_<

    But the Kiss Me Heroine mascara looks like it holds the curl well! Curl strength is definitely my first priority in mascaras - will have to put this one on my 'to try' list~

    Thanks for the review ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really?! Did you use the waterproof one? I usually use the waterproof version but recently tried the "black drama" version and I HATED it D':

      I think curl strength is probably the most important factor when us Asian are looking into mascaras hehee~

      Glad it helped!!

      Delete
  9. Oh wow~ Your lashes are so nice even without mascara! @~@

    I've heard so many raves about the Kiss Me Heroine mascara! :'D If I can find some place that sells it, I'll definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks x'D
      I hope you can find it one day! It's definitely worth it imo :D

      Delete
  10. I've heard RAVE reviews about this mascara, and now I want to try it even more! :D The only thing holding me back though besides money, would be the waterproof...ness... Which is why I HATE my Fairydrops mascara! I spend twice as long trying to remove my mascara because my current cleansers just aren't strong enough, so it's a huge hassle. D: Can you recommend a good makeup remover for waterproof mascaras??? :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES KATIE YOU MUST TRY IT >:D
      Ahh really?! I actually love the waterproof-ness! I was dying to buy and try Fairydrops but I couldn't find it :')
      I recommend used an oil based remover/cleanser! I've been using them for what seems like forever and I've never has any problems remover mascara since I switched. I'm using jojoba oil at the moment and it works wonders! It's cheap too ^____^

      Delete
  11. I will definitely buy this next time I toto hk, which shop did you buy it from?
    And which eye curler do you use?
    Might try the falsies for the time being cos I can get it locally.
    Thanks for the review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember but it was most probably Sasa or Colormix :)
      I've actually lost my eyelash curler so I'm using an unbranded one atm that's sort of crummy but I'm slowly getting used to it :'D
      I can tell you though that the one I was using is by Mister Mascara; it works amazingly! However it's sort of hard to find in stores nowadays. I can only seem to find it online :\

      Delete
  12. Wow, I don't think you need mascara XD because your lashes are so long even without it :Q *jelly* I heard that mascara is great, so gonna try it too! ^_^ btw you have georgeous blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa thanks but I sometimes still feel naked without it on though xD
      Hope this mascara works for you when you do come to trying it!
      And naaawwwh thanks again ^///^

      Delete
  13. Your eye lashes are gorgeous.. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!