Thursday, 27 September 2012

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Review

Ahh lonely times..all my housemates are either in lectures or working so I'm all alone in the house. It so quiet it's sort of creepy *cries*. However that means I can blog without any distractions so let's get to it!


The mascara I will be reviewing. I love the lace design on the packaging!


"Black Drama" next to my usual HG mascara that's in waterproof. I will be comparing the two mascaras because although they're both called "The Falsies", they are pretty different products in my opinion.


Brush comparison. The bristles of the Black Drama version are longer than the waterproof.

When I found out first that The Falsies mascara was amazing, I went to buy several back ups as soon as I could lol. I usually try to go for waterproof mascaras (because apparently it's better for holding curls and I like my mascara to last all day) but I decided to pick up one of the Black Drama version too despite it not being waterproof. The packaging sucked me into buying it *slaps hand*. Plus being named "Black Drama", it must mean it's better than the regular versions right? I was coming to the end of my last waterproof Falsies mascara so I decided to try out this "Black Drama" version, thinking I'd saved the best till last. But maaaan, I was so wrong.


Mascara versus no mascara. My lashes were pre-curled by the way. WTF happened to my curls on the left?!


Black Drama versus Waterproof. WTH MAYBELLINE?!

The Good

~ Clumps lashes together to create volume
~ Pretty lace design on the packaging
~ . . . . . .

The Bad

~ Can't hold curls (that's pretty much instant hate from me if a macara can't do this)
~ Clumps my lashes in a way that looks horrendous
~ Doesn't seem to dry very quick
~ I can FEEL it on my lashes. It's heavy. Not nice.
~ Not waterproof
~ Smudges

I was so disappointed in this mascara. From now on, I whenever I rave or say that the Falsies is my HG mascara, I'm going to mention it's the WATERPROOF version.

16 comments:

  1. I have short 'asian lashes', I tend to favor mascara wif waterproof formula over the normal one because it holds curl soo much better! When I bought my Maybelline falsie mascara, by accident I picked up the normal one. I went back immediately to exchange for the waterproof one :P hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterproof all the way! Now I think about it, I don't think I have every used a non-waterproof mascara that has worked wonders for me :s

      Delete
  2. I guess waterproof formula really makes a difference!

    to the question to my blog I have it in the shade medium they have 4 shades, fair, light, medium and dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does!

      Thanks for answering Irene ^__^

      Delete
  3. aww too bad it failed the expectation, guess we just need to stay with the waterproof version =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this mascara was a big fat fail. I could've saved some money and got another waterproof version ; w ;

      Delete
  4. Damn, i need to check what version mine is (i havent opened it yet but i have such high hopes XD) i don't like waterproof mascara, it's so hard to get off my lashes T.T do u have any special way u take urs off? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have the version you want!!
      I highly recommend using oil cleansers! They seriously take off EVERYTHING ^^

      Delete
  5. Wow, the difference is so noticeable!

    Only waterproof mascara works on my lashes - but despite this, I always get sucked into trying normal mascaras in the eternal hope that they maybe will work for me T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!

      Ahh same! Especially when the waterproof version of a mascara isn't out yet :'D

      Delete
  6. it's sure is different and show cleared in your review..love your post,thx for making review about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big difference isn't it!! Glad you enjoyed my review :)

      Delete
  7. Heavy weight mascara is not good >< sorry to hear it didn't work out. The waterproof definitely looks a lot better!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the weight makes my curls droop :( Going to try to not get tempted and stick to waterproof mascaras from now on!

      Delete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!