Friday, 18 January 2013

OFOTD: Kimono Killer

Remember in my last outfit post I fell off my bike so I had to wait until the next day to go to into town again? This is what I wore the next day lol.


I'm back on my feet!


Forgot to move my shopping bag so please ignore it ( ^___^")

~ Shirt - H&M
~ Blazer - New Look
~ Skirt - Handmade
~ Boots - New Look
~ Bag - Accessorize


My creation! Kind of Louboutin-ish no?

This skirt was another one of the things I make over the holidays. I've been wanting a skater skirt for ages but I never saw one that was a good enough price #cheapskate4life. When cleaning out my room back at home I found an unfinished kimono I made years ago for a cosplay. Knowing that I probably will never finish and wear the kimono, I decided to make use of the fabric and make that skater skirt I've been wanting! I decided to give the skirt a red underside because it'd be unique and I ran out of black fabric.


Le unfinished cosplay

Took a picture of my kimono before I destroyed it for memories. The obi's actually a scarf LOL. Anybody want to guess who's cosplay I was trying to make? Clue: I was meant to paint flowers on the kimono~

Blog to you soon!

24 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie your looks beautiful! Your skirt and your shoes are lovelies.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Love the outfit - your hair looks so good! >W<
    I've never worn a kimono, even though it's one of my dreams... Is that weird? >3<
    Haha, because you ran out of black fabric!
    Hm. My brain is totally lost as to which character you were trying to cosplay as... Maybe I haven't run across it personally... -.-

    http://www.joyjoii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Josephine~!
      Hahaa I've technically not worn a proper kimono either! The one I made was unfinished so I share the same dream as you too so it's not weird at all IMO :D

      Delete
  3. nice kimono. Not sure who you're trying to cosplay as though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the first two pictures, the background reminds me of somewhere in Hong Kong ><" I love your blazer! As for the cosplay... hmmm I was thinking either Enma Ai fron Jigoku Shoujo or Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHolic? I love cosplaying too so I can't wait to see more pictures from you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa I can see where you are coming from but the photos were taken in the UK xP
      And woo you got it! It was Enma Ai's kimono. I don't really cosplay anymore but maybe one day I'll set myself a project to make one again ^^

      Delete
  5. your skirt is handmade? it's cool! I like it

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute outfit! i really like your shoess! you look very pretty in your kimono as well ^^
    riceysupreme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. you're so pretty!
    I love your blazer and your skirt

    I just followed your blog
    http://elainelaines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new skirt is so pretty! I love the flash of red, it makes the skirt even more interesting ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's the best thing about making your own clothes; you can make it unique and different from the ones you typically see in the shop ^.^

      Delete
  9. ooh I hope you are okay after you fell from the bike :)
    you look absolutely ah-dorable!!!

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa I still have a massive bruise from the fall but it's slowly but surely healing ^^"
      And awww thanks you're too kind c:

      Delete
  10. yeah! cheapskates unite!
    I would have never guessed that the obi was a scarf. It looks (or looked?) really good :D
    I really like how the skirt turned out (not to mention those asdgf;djal gorgeous shoes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOO CHEAPSKATES4LIFE!!
      Glad you like it :D

      Delete
  11. aw you look so adorable!! :)

    btw im also having a giveaway for a cute clothing boutique that i'd love for you to enter!
    you can enter [here]
    hope to see you there :)

    -Marsa
    The DayLee Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsa (:
      Ooooo thanks for the notice! Will defo have to check it out :D

      Delete
  12. visiting here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!