Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Dolly Wink Volume Mascara Review

Hey hi hello guys! So I've been using this mascara for a while now ever since I finished my Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara (which I loved by the way and you can read my review here).


Tsu-chan!

I have been meaning to write this review of a while but the problem was I had really mixed feelings with this product. I usually review things after using them a few times but I've put this review on hold so long that this mascara is nearly finished! It's time I shared my thought.


Despite not knowing Japanese, the instructions that were included were very clear.


Close up of the brush



Left with mascara, right without


Left with Dolly Wink, right with my previous mascara (Kiss Me Heroine)

The reason why I was so unsure about this mascara is because of it's volumizing effect; I just saw it as clumpy even though it's not even the bad type clumping. I guess I was just so used to sporting a cleaner lash look. I also wasn't too fond of the feel of the mascara; my lashes felt heavier when wearing Dolly Wink Volume. However, when I finished my Kiss Me mascara and I started to use the Dolly Wink one more, it grew on me. I think I got used to the weight of the mascara and having lashes that were a tad bit more spiderish. At the end of the day, this mascara is the Dolly Wink Volume Mascara so it did what it claimed to do! Also the mascara held my curl! Which is great! Why was I being such a mascara snob lol. Asides from getting slightly panda-eyed if my eyelids are slightly more oily that usual, I can't complain about anything else.

For those who thought TL;DR...

The good . . .
~ Volumizes and darkens lashs
~ Holds curls
~ Waterproof

The not so good . . .
~ May not suit people with oily eyelids
~ May be considered as hard to remove for some (Oil base removers are your best friend!)
~ Might be "clumpy" for some (but this is down to preference)

So ending my reviews in the way I usually do; would I reccomend this mascara? Yes but if you have oily eyelids you might want to use a primer to avoid the possibilities of looking like a panda. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this as I have tried other mascaras which I prefer.

Hope this helps and blog to you soon!

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, I don't like it when mascaras are too waterproof for my own good :( LOL But These aren't that bad in volume! Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit clumpy for me, but the volume looks AMAZING! *A* I also prefer waterproof mascaras haha~ Thanks for the review! >u<

    ReplyDelete
  3. The KMH mascara definitely looks more natural and clean, but I love the look of the volumising effect of the Dolly Wink! But I usually like really noticeable lashes on myself, since they're so short and straight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the packaging looks so pretty and zomg tsu-chan <3333 it's good that it's waterproof, hehe c:

    -----------------------------

    please join my giveaway! it features cute handmade phone charms ~

    http://kyasarinn.blogspot.com/2013/10/kyasarinns-first-ever-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been eyeing this mascara for a while...but clumpy is a no-go for me the clumps always fall in my eyes and boyyy does that burn my sensitive eyes!! awesome review!! thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite mascaras and you have really pretty long eyelashes =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know where I can get this online? :>>

    http://snowflakesandspring.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Marie, I believe you can get it from sasa.com if they have it in stock. They only have the long version and not the volume version at the moment though...
    You could also try ebay but be careful of fakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the pictures your previous mascara looks better :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!