Friday, 20 December 2013

Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara Review

I've hear quite a lot of hype about this mascara so when I saw that a magazine was giving out samples I just had to buy it! It not just me who buys a magazine based on the free gift is it? Unfortunately this was a while ago so I couldn't tell you which magazine to buy. So, is this mascara worth the hype?


Anything mini is cute to me~


The brush is big with bristles


BADgal Lash Mascara on the left. Naked lashes on the right

I don't know why my eyes were so droopy. Maybe the mascara didn't just droop my lashes...


BGL Mascara versus 'Mascara X'

These photos were taken a while again so I honestly can't remember what the other mascara was. What I can tell you is that I probably liked Mascara X more. I don't know if you can tell, but I didn't like BADgal Lash at all. It did nothing to my lashes asides from make them worse! No volume. No length. No curl. Nada.

TL;DR (not that I wrote loads...)

The good . . .
~ Made my lashes look like they do naturally (but I wouldn't be curling them and wearing mascara if I did want to go for the naturally staight look)
~ I guess the packaging was cute

The bad . . .
~ IT DID NOTHING!!

I would definitely not recommend this for those who have pin-straight lashes. If you are blessed with naturally curled lashes you could give it a try; but it didn't give me any volume or length so in my opinion you'd be better off trying another mascara. This was probably the most disappointing mascara I have ever tried! I've yet to buy a high-end mascara and with Benefit being the first I've tried, they haven't exactly made me want to take that leap.

Hope you enjoyed this post despite the negativity!
Pssst...have you checked out my latest giveaway?

3 comments:

  1. I have that one as a sample as well and can´t wait to try it for myself :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes magazines have some good freebies! Mascara X definitely looks heaps better!


    I've got the Benefit They're Real mascara (sample size) and though they lengthened my lashes they made the curl completely droop. It works better over a waterproof lash primer though.


    I'm cautious about buying high end mascaras too - foundation I can understand, but mascara is harder to justify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this one before and it worked quite similar to max factor false lash effect. But yeah that mascara X did give so much more volume from the swatch.
    Compared to badgal, I actually like They're real more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!