Friday, 31 January 2014

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Natural Medium Champagne Blonde Review

Exciting news guys; I recently dyed my hair! The hair dye addict is back!


This is the dye I used. No I'm not blonde...yet ;D

Tip for any girls with black hair that wants to go brown; use blonde dyes as they will lift more colour from your hair.


I like a good discount!

One of the reasons why I got this dye. It was the type I was looking for and the price was too good.


What comes in the kit

The kit includes all the usuals; two parts which you mix together in order to make the dye, conditioner, gloves and, of course, the instructions.

Because this hair dye kit is so standard, I don't have much to say about how easy or good it is to use. As long as you follow the instructions the process of application should be straight forward. My only complain about this kit is that the gloves are not as good as others from some hair dyes I have used in the past.


The results in room lighting at night

I forgot to take a picture of my hair before dying it so sorry there isn't a comparison photo. Will include a daylight photo too when I have the chance. I have had virgin black hair since I started this blog so I sure most of us can agree that the dye did a pretty good job in lifting the black from my hair. The only think I don't like about this dye asides from the gloves is that the colour didn't lift as much colour as it did on my end compared to my roots. Luckily the transition between the tones are very gradual so my hair kind of looks ombred now. As long as it isn't patchy I'm good!

[Update 10/02/2014]


Outdoor Lighting


Direct Sunlight

To conclude my experience with this dye...

The Good
・My hair is not black anymore
・Easy and simple to use
・Hair feels undamaged (still in the same condition as it was prior to dying)
・Affordable even at full price

The Bad
・I don't like the fit of the gloves
・Hair did not dye as even as I'd like

Overall I like the result this dye has given my hair! I'm not going to do the whole "do I recommend this" because I feel there are so many factors with hair; natural colour, texture, whether your hair has been dyed and what colour(s) are just a few or them.

Hopefully this is still useful and can be used as a reference for someone out there. If not, they I hope you enjoyed the start of my hair dye journey because there are going to be more hair posts in the future :)

9 comments:

  1. Pilar Bernal Maya31 January 2014 at 23:38

    like your hair colour

    kss

    new post:

    http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/oasap-tartan-scarf-for-winter-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    btw, a have a cute giveaway on my blog, you can win 100$ to
    spend on sheinside.com. I would be so happy is you joined: http://www.livinginashoe.com/2014/01/sheinside-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely, just came across your blog and it's awesome!

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to your next post!

    I have a new outfit post up and I'd love to hear your thoughts about it:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. ClothesandCamera1 February 2014 at 17:56

    The result looks really pretty and natural, I would love to also see it at daylight :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never tried an at home dye job and in general i wouldn't even know which color to get! being asian i'm always afraid of picking a color that would look so un-natural. i'm glad this worked out for you :) the color is quite nice.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good! (Not mk mui ;)) well done ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw quite even the colour after dye :)

    Hi from Malaysia!
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving the color! I've been gradually dying my hair but the color you used might be my next. Thank you!


    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a really nice colour! I find that western hair dyes never work on my hair, like the colour never shows up, but somehow it looks really good on you :))


    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!