Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara Review

Random fact, I got this mascara two years ago last time I was in Hong Kong. I try to go through mascaras one by one so it wasn't until recently I opened and tried it out. About time I reviewed it right?!


Lovely royal looking packaging as expected from MJ


So fibre-licious!


Naked lashes versus Lash King


Dolly Wink Volume (my go to mascara) versus MJ Lash King

Yeah I've been using my Dolly Wink mascara to death so it looks mega clumpy. Every mascara I have tested hoping it could replace it has not been on par. Why is it so hard to find a mascara to hold curls properly sighh. Fortunately Lash King stopped my streak of non-curl-holding mascaras so I can finally throw away my Dolly Wink mascara.

Anyway, back onto the review, Lash King makes my lashes soooo long thanks to the fibres! It's not as volumizing as I though it would be but I'm not too bothered about that. With a name like "Lash King", I expected the mascara to have more of a dramatic effect but it actually leans more towards the natural side in my opinion. It's more natural than Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus, which I didn't think it would be. The mascara's lasting power is amazing which makes it hard to remove (is this the case for all MJ mascaras?) but a little olive oil will do the trick!

As good as this mascara is, I feel like the name has made me to think it's a mascara sent from heaven or something so I can't help but feel a little disappointed. But hey, it's only a name so I need to get over that. One thing I can't get over though is the SMELL of this mascara; it is BAD! I knew I've smelt that smell before so I spent forever figuring out what it was. I finally came to the conclusion it smells like "teet dah jau" (跌打酒). It brought back horrible memories of being stinky as a child because my mum would rub this "teet dah jau" liquid on my bruises whenever I got them. Any Chinese kids out there that can relate to this?

So to summarize things:

The Good
・Holds curls
・Super lengthening fibres
・Standard elegant MJ packaging
・Great lasting power

The Bad
・Not as volumizing as I though it would be
・Difficult to remove compared to more mascaras
・THAT TERRIBAD SMELL

I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone looking for one with lengthening properties. However, be prepare for the smell. I actually really like this mascara but the smell is so bad I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. I'm almost convinced it lingers on me for an hour or two but it may just be because I really didn't like that smell as a kid...

Hope this review helps!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your lashes are REALLY long!! :O Too bad it's not a volumizing mascara, for me volume > length

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two years unopened and it hadn't dried out? Good for you! I left a mascara unopened for a year, by the time I get to try it, it was as dry as a desert. Then again it was from elf. Lol

    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this mascara for years and it hasn't let me down once. I don't really smell anything bad though, is it because you left it for two years? It might have went expired. x

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Your eyes are so lovely~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fiber mascaras! It makes my lashes longer than it really is. I can see the difference and it looks great on you!

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love majomajo mascaras but I wish they were easier to remove since waterproof formulas make my sparse asian lashes shed like crazy :(((

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!