Friday, 7 March 2014

ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Extreme Black Lengthening Mascara Review

I'm not a loyal reader of a particular magazine but I do like reading them. However I only seem to only by magazines if it includes a freebie #cheapskate. I just can't justify spending £2 on just a magazine when I know you can get something extra with it for the same price! Anyway, recently I picked up a copy of Glamour magazine because it came free with a 25% off coupon for H&M plus a mascara by ModelCo which I will be reviewing today.


Anyone else buy magazines solely depending on what freebies you get?


It should be mandatory that all mascara have a mirror on the tube!


Standard looking brush with teeny tint fibres


Left - Nake lashes. Right - ModelCo Mascara


Left - Go-to Mascara (Dolly Wink). Right - ModelCo

This mascara may have the best packaging I have ever come across; it has a mirror. GENIUS! This can help many of us beauty junkies with the space in our make up bags because you won't need to carry a mirror anymore (unless you prefer to have a bigger one). With the word "fibre" in the name of this product, I expected them to be a little bigger. The fibres are so tiny I don't feel they lengthen my lashes as well as some mascaras I have used in the past. However, because of how useless small the fibres are, the effects of the mascara is very natural. Not as voluminous as I'm used too, it's nice. I do feel the "extreme black" claim is true because the mascara does darken my lashes. Finally, the most important attribute...for me at least...does it hold curls? Yes and no. The curls unfortunately drop a little during the application process and drops a little more towards the end of the day. Luckily it's not to a point where my lashes are pin straight though!

TL;DR

The good...
・Natural effect. Good for daytime use
・The mirror! I find it so handy
・Holds curls relatively well
・Darkens lashes

The bad...
・Fibres have no affects on my lashes
・Doesn't hold the initial curl and curls droop throughout the day
・Not as volumizing as some would like
・Upon googling this mascara...it retails at £16 on ModelCo's website. Ouch!

I think this mascara does a relatively good job but after finding out how much it costs at full price, I don't think I can recommend it! You can get a mascara the works a lot better for a fraction of the price. However, if you really do want to try out this mascara, or some other ModelCo products, look out for April 2014's issue of Glamour magazine! Have to admit that I wish I picked up an issue with a different freebie. This mascara was a slight bummer for me and I'm curious of what the other products are like from the company. But sigh...that's unfortunately what you get when your a mascara junkie with high expectations too!

What's the best freebie you've got from a magazine?
Blog to you soon :)

6 comments:

  1. are your lashes real???? OMG so blessed!! my lashes are almost invisible :'((
    I've been thinking to do eye lash extension but still not sure about it T-T
    this mascara def gives your lashes more volume and length :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plearn Nataricha9 March 2014 at 20:40

    I'm going to buy this magazine because the freebie! hehehe. Anyway, I just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks :) xx

    kissmesunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. even your naked lashes still looks long and nice! *Envy*


    www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emi Doll (恵美)13 March 2014 at 01:39

    It gives a very subtle lengthening effect, too bad it doesn't keep the curls or create much volume.

    I've actually never bought a magazine before XD

    恵美より ♥

    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina Stefanovic14 March 2014 at 15:28

    It looks very natural, I like it :) But the mirror is genial!

    xx, Tina

    www.tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great product! Thanks for sharing!


    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!