Peach Blossom - My first (technically second) MAC Lipstick
With Peach Blossom
Face shot with Peach Blossom
MAC lipsticks are over my usual budget for lippies so I decided to invest in a my-lips-but-better lipstick to ensure I'll get a lot a use out of it. My oh my do I love this lipstick! I like peachy-pink lips but my lips aren't really that colour; this lipstick let's me pretend they are hehee. Because it's as natural colour for me, I don't have to worry about it fading because the difference is very subtle. I think of this lipstick as my "natural lip concealer", not like an actual lip concealer where out cancels it the colour but it covers my blemishes, evening out my....lip tone? Although it evens out my lips, I wouldn't say it's mega pigmented as I do have to apply a couple of layers to achieve what I want. Peach Blossom has a Cremesheen finish which I love. It glides on beautifully, giving my lips a healthy sheen whilst feeling light as lip balm. I can finally understand why some people say high end lipsticks feel so much better than the one from the drugstores! I can apply and reapply this lipstick all day because it feels so good!
:: TL;DR ::
- Quality. Feels so good when applying!
- Feels light on the lips as if you were wearing lip balm
- My ideal MLBB lipstick. Makes my lips look naturally good and no need to worry about it fading
- Has enough pigments to even out my lip colour
- The packaging feels sturdy and strong
- It smells subtly yummy. Like sweets? I'm unsure but it's nice!
- The price because it's MAC after all
- A bit on the sheerer side
- The scent may put some people off
- More on MAC stores that the lipstick, but for me on several occasions in different stores a lot of shades are out of stock. Could just be down to my luck though :')
Are MAC lipsticks worth the money? I think so! I do want more in my collection but I don't think I'll own more than a handful due to the price. At least that would ensure that I'll pick shades which I really want.
Do you own any MAC lipsticks or have a MLBB lipstick?