Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Palty Hair Dye Maple Donut Review

When those roots get ugly what do I do? Try out another hair dye!! Today is going to be another Palty one. I bought this waaaaay back in September so I feel like I've been waiting forever to use it. I liked the last Palty dye I used (see that review here) so that increased my level of anticipation too. Let's see what the results were like!


Tsubasa says "PEACE YO~"


Total of 40g and 80ml of product


Aftermath shot of equipment

I decided mix the dye in a container and use a brush to apply it this time. This is because I've being struggling with unevenness the past few times I've coloured my hair. I highly recommend doing this because this extra little bit of effort makes the dye go that extra mile and cover all your hair!


Roots. Before and After


Another shot of my roots after the dye job

They're lighter but they don't quite match the rest of my hair. But that's usually the case with all dyes for my hair.


Head shots. Before on the left and after on the right

I can't tell if my hair has lightened but I know that it's definitely more red toned! Although I don't mind the colour, I do feel like I've gone back on myself a bit since I am trying to slowly lighten and lift the colours away from my hair. It's not the dye's fault because if you look at the colour chart for Palty it does say that the shade "Maple Donut" is a bit more on the orangey side.


Source: http://www.dariyacosme.com/en/product/palty/hair_color/color_guide/index.html

Maple Donut is on the border of "Caramel Variations" and "Orange Variations". Red is known to be hard to maintain so hopefully some of the red brassy tones will fade away the more I wash my hair haha! Asides from being a bit bummed about the colour I don't have anything else to complain about. I usually kick off about how some dyes (including Palty in the past) don't give enough dye in in their kits, which results in patchy coloured hair. I have to hold my hands up and say sorry to these dyes because all I needed to do is just put a little effort into applying the dye. Squirting the dye in your hair and massaging it in is just not good enough! It's best if you section off your hair, start from the bottom and work your way to the top :)

:: TL;DR ::

The Good
- Changed hair colour
- Lightened virgin roots
- There's enough dye for my length of hair...if you apply it correctly
- Palty's colour guide is pretty helpful and accurate. My hair does look like Tsubasa's in certain lighting!

The Bad
- The reddish orangey tones which I didn't know about
- Didn't match my roots to my hair completely

I feel that I can say Palty is now of my favourite hair dye brands! I've only tried out two dyes but the results are very true to the predictions on the boxes. Compared to the other brands I've tried anyway. I wondering if it's because it's an Asian brand and more suited for my hair type compared to Western brands? Will have to try more Asian hair dyes in the future!

Do you dye your hair? If so, what's your favourite brand of dye c:

10 comments:

  1. love the results! Palty is definitely a trustworthy brand! It's not as harsh as some other hair dyes. :) I use palty a lot, and it's one of my favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used to be desperate to try Palty a few years ago when I couldn't get my hands on it because so many people said it's good! Will definitely be trying more colours in the future from them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! sounds good! I've actually used their hair dye with bleach in it--my hair was still very healthy afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely hair tone! I read up your other review as well, sounds like Palty's a good brand to go with. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color!

    xx,

    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And is this Shen from "the daydreaming teacup"?! I've missed you and I'm glad to see you're back in the world of blogs!! Sorry if I've got the wrong person though ^^"
    I do wonder if the lighter colours from Palty's results are as accurate as the ones I've used though. The only way to find out is to use them one day :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo really? I don't really want to bleach my hair to achieve the colour I want but if it does come down to it, Palty might be the one I go for!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds great!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice color! I used Prettia hair dye just recently and I did not mix it well enough. My roots are bleached while my ends are dark brown. :( Next time I will definitely use a brush. Thank you for the review!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!