Thursday, 7 August 2014

The Sample Project

I have a confession to make. I am a sample hoarder. Samples in the form of sachets to be precise. I love getting samples but when they're in sachets I never seem to use them!


Another month gone means another "Empties" post for a lot of bloggers. I personally don't do empties posts because I am so slow with using up products. Anyway, I see in a lot of empties posts with samples being used up and recently I finally thought to myself "OK girl, it's time to let those samples go!".


Some of the samples I own. Some I have multiples of.

I think the reason why I don't use sachets of samples is that I know sometimes I'll open one, there will be enough product for more than one application, I don't like leaving opened sachets of stuff laying around yet I can't bring myself to bin it. I also don't like the hassle of having to slide and squeeze the product out of the sachet like ketchup when I can just easily pump out a product I already own. Finally the worse thing about sachets; when the it fails to open and you need to find a pair of scissors!! Yes, I hate sachets of samples. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother getting them in the first place. However, that's all going to change! From now on I am going to try use up more of my sachet samples and hopefully bring out a reviews or two. I'm going to try use up say...one sample per week? Wish me luck!

I'm quite excited to try out the Chanel foundation which I got free with a magazine a while ago. What's the best sample you ever gotten and where did you get it from :) ?

10 comments:

  1. this actually sounds quite exciting! i have lots of samples but i usually toss it (and some of the just poof! nowhere to be found) i used up some samples though, some of them got dried up so i could only use it once :( sachet is much a pain! that's why i put the sample that i wanted to try out into a jar heheh

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this and who knows, you might find an amazing new product! :O

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so! Every sachet is going to be a surprise...I just hope they're good ones xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay a person that understands why I hate sachets :'D I never though of putting them in a jar so thanks for the suggestion! And no go ahead I don't mind! Can't wait to see what samples you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, that's a good plan! I actually really love samples, because I want to know what the product is like before buying the full product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way. I never use the samples I get. Right now, there's a long row of perfume sample bottles lined up on my bathroom sink. I just like the way they look lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm exactly the same - I have a huge box of them just lying around..I should really get around to using them soon :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love samples too for that reason but I fail to use them the majority of times :'D

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least your sink looks pretty haha! I think if I had perfume samples I'd use them if they were in little bottles. It's just sachets that are my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. High five! Siiighh beauty problems :'D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!