Sunday, 28 September 2014

Schwarzkopf Freshlight Foam Hair Colour Lemon Blond (New Version) Review

Not sure if this is considered "new" anymore but it was marketed as a new version of the Freshlight dye when my mum bought this for me in Hong Kong a while ago.





What you get in the kit

For what I've gathered, this "new" version of the Freshlight dye comes in a can pump and does not require mixing. The other version requires you to mix two liquids together and the pump is made out of plastic.


The colour chart


Leaflet with instructions on

Unfortunately this dye does not come with English instructions. With my limited Chinese though I figured out that you have to shake the can up and down 20 times and then you're good to go. At least that's what I thought it said. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :'D


The foam looked just like whipped cream! Also got decent gloves in the kit too!!


Before


After


Before and after side-by-side comparison

:: Thoughts ::

I honestly don't feel like this dye did much to my hair at all. After washing the dye out I felt like my "new" colour was pretty much the same as my previous; minus some ash tones as some of it had faded and wash away since I first dyed it. Looking at my roots, I did feel that the black was lifted a bit leaving my roots dark brown. However, if you look at the colour chart of this dye, the predictions show that the results were meant to be lighter than what I got. If you have followed me on my hair colouring adventures, you would agree with me that this dye has not matched my roots nearly as well as other dyes I have used. Not sure if it was because I read the instructions wrong...but asides from the good gloves and conditioner included in the kit, Freshlight Lemon Blond has been a disappointment to me. The most important part of the kit, the dye, did not work!!

:: TL;DR ::

The Good
- Included good quality gloves
- Not hassle of mixing Part A with Part B. Just shake!
- Foam formula was mess free to us and covered all my hair
- The conditioner was very nourishing and smelt great

The Bad
- Colour chart is inaccurate. Does not colour you hair as light as it predicts
- Pretty much did nothing to my hair :(

I haven't tried the regular version of the Freshlight dyes (wouldn't mind trying it in the future) so don't let this review put you off the whole range. I do feel though that if you want to lighten your hair quite a bit, there are better brands of hair dye out there that will do the job better. 

7 comments:

  1. Bummer to hear that this dye did
    not do much to your hair :c However
    I think it add some warmer tone to
    your haircolor :P Xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this brand around 3-4x this year and I must say I quite liked it.. My shade were caramel brown and berry ash..But now I decided to dye my hair professionally at hair salon because before, my hair started to turn a bit orange and because of my thick hair, I never really got it evenly when I dye my hair alone..
    Too bad this one was not really satisfying for you x(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emi Doll (恵美)13 October 2014 at 11:36

    Hmm too bad it didn't do the job in giving perfect result but I like foam dyes ^^

    恵美より ♥

    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm it's a shame it didn't do much but the colour you have already is lovely! xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaaa I just dyed my hair with freshlight too last week and I looove it (love itmore than LIESE)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh btw, I left it for around 1 hour on my hair lol.my hair didn't seem to be damaged though, it's in perfect condition and the color showing up surprisingly quite well after 1 hour. too bad it didn't show up much on your hair >.< I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!