Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Travels: Japanese Fishing Boat Restaurant ざうお

Finally, a post about my trip to Japan!! I'm so behind on these posts but better late than never haha~ For those of you who didn't know, I visited Japan with my family at the end of 2014. This could've been titled "Day #1 in Japan" but we only really did one major activity on the first day (we landed in the evening) so "Japanese Fishing Boat Restaurant" it is!




You are literally sitting in a boat!

I didn't know the name of this restaurant throughout my trip but we keeping on referring to it as the "fishing boat restaurant". After doing a bit of googling and zooming into photos I'd taken, I found out that this restaurant is ざうお aka "Zauo". The full name of Zauo turns out to be "釣船茶屋ざうお" on their website, with the kanji "釣船茶屋" translates as "fishing boat tea house" which is a very fitting name! And I though my dad just randomly coined "fishing boat restaurant" because that's what the restaurant really was!


Here fishy fishyy fishyyy

At Zauo you can fish for your meal! Here is my uncle in action. I didn't get a photo of the menu but dishes come with two prices; a price if you catch the fish and a price if you don't. Catching a fish makes it cheaper (and more fun!) so it made us even more determined to catch one!


GOTCHA~


Censored faces because I looked so tired here and I'm not sure if my aunt wants to be on my blog ^^"

To get a fish you really needed two people so my aunt had the bait to attract the fish and I was on standby with the net. After catching the fish a member for staff will ask for your names, then hit the drum (see it in the background?) to grab everyones attention and announce that you've made a catch! They then clapped so everyone in the restaurant claps for you too!! Zauo is a very lively place xD


We got this particular fish made into some fresh sashimi


Looking at the fish in awe

If you're not a sashimi fan, don't worry because you have the choice of getting your fish cooked. I'm not a huge fan myself so I enjoyed the cooked fish dishes more than the sashimi. They had a lot of other dishes like fish soups and fish with rice that were sooooo sweet and soooo goooood! My family and I pretty much just ate fish but they also do non-fish dishes too so it's enjoyable for everyone.

Hope you enjoyed this post! More posts on Japan will come...eventually! I have a few make up reviews I wanna do too so keep an eye out :)

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool and fun! I think I've seen that Japanese restaurant on tv before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay i always enjoy holiday posts, make me want to go on holiday soon ^^
    The restaurant is something I've never heard before, sounds so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. danniella josephine4 April 2015 at 15:46

    I love your pictures! :)
    This sounds like an interesting place to visit - not sure if I would be brave enough to catch a fish myself!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very unique restaurant in my opinion. Aww...don't be scared....coz #yolo :'D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed this post! I wanna go back on holiday soon too x'D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reason why we went to this type of restaurant was because my Uncle saw it on tv! Maybe fishing restaurants is a trendy thing at the moment?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!