Friday, 10 April 2015

Likes #1

I've always liked reading other people's monthly favourites and empties. Never got into making my own posts though because I don't go through that many products in one month. However, recently I've tried a few products which I've really enjoyed, want to to talk about them but don't have enough to say to make a full review on the products. So I'm now going to start doing post called "Likes"! I'm not sure if it's going to be a monthly thing but we shall see in the future~


EOS Lipbalm
This lipbalm is so good it's made it on my holy grail list. And it is hard to get on my HG list!! I bought this way back in 2013 during my trip to America and I regret not using this sooner! In recent years my skin has changed to really dry, so along with that, my lip now not only get dry but also crack and peel (BADLY) whenever the weather changes. I started to become a bit obsessed with lip balm but none had really worked until I used EOS. I've been using this for couple of months or more and I swear my lips are hooked on it. If I am lazy forget to apply it for a day my lips get worse but they'll heal in a day or two when I start applying it again.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
For roughly 2 years I have been making do with a lash curler by Revlon. I've always thought was a bit meh, never loved it but it did it's job. I knew I definitely wanted to upgrade to Shu seeing all the hype so when I saw it at the airport I purchased it without thinking. Have to say it was one of my best beauty purchases ever! The curve is perfect for my eye shape; I don't have to angle my curler in awkward possibles anymore in order to curl the outer lashes.

Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil
This one is a rediscovery because I'd lost it for months when I moved home from uni! Started using this oil again because the weather has be pretty bipolar recently which has made my eczema on my face flare up badly at times. My eczema hasn't disappeared but I like this oil for helping my skin flake up slower when I have make up on during the day for work. I can now arrive home and it'll only start to look bad (after 9-10 hours) whereas before my skin would start looking like a desert half way through work! Some days I like to mix this with my foundation/BB creams which has also helped minimize the flakiness on my face. As much as I've liked this oil, I'm not a big fan of the smell and have almost finish the bottle so I'd like to try another one that may be even better. Any recommendations?

Lush Skindrink Facial Moisturiser
A recent purchase to combat my eczema which I think has helped. This stuff smells weird (I think it's because of the sesame oil in it) but it works! This is literally a "skindrink" for my face. When I put this on at night, I no longer wake up and suffer from flakiness in the morning. It also helps keep the flakes at bay when I'm bare faced. Not my perfect moisturiser though; I still have redness and need my Botanics Facial Oil to help with flakes when I wear make up, however, it has really improved my skin's condition. I am not a flakey mess anymore!

Tangle Teezer
I've always been curious about this brush and after testing a friend's I was like "yep, getting myself one". I'm all for the bedhead-look so asides from my using my fingers, I never really bothered using a brush my hair. However, it's gotten to a length where needs some grooming and dying it as made it slightly more prone to tangles too. I can't really compare it to another brush since I haven't used one in so long, but what I can say is that it doesn't give my hair a lot of static. I remember combing/brushing my hair as a kid and my hair would be all over the place! Probably the reason why I stopped brushing but now I'm back!

The Face Shop Mango Seed Essence
One of the reasons I've really been enjoying this essence because it smells so good! I am a sucker for anything mango. In terms of the performance of the product, I've used this for about 3 months, my skin was soooo soft for the first month but when my eczema worsened it wasn't enough to prevent it. Luckily this essence doesn't irritate me so whilst I continue looking for some better products for my eczema, I'll enjoy the smell of mangos.

What products have you been enjoying lately?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Jing Jing!
    I agree with you, the EOS Lip balms are so good, they're my HG as well ^^
    Shu Uemura eyelash curler also belongs to my HG, they're worth the splurge! oh and I've been using TFS Mango Essence, it is so nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Eos! It's one of the few balms, besides my DHC, that I use on a regular basis. I think the hella cute tub has something to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to hear about the Boots serum. I prefer their botanics line over the No.7 for some reason. The rose toner and the eye makeup remover are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing lots of great things about the mango seed line from the face shop :) this essence seems to be great for my sensitive skin too!
    www.chubbylamb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mango seed line does smell amazing! And yes it could work for your sensitive skin too but do be cautious coz everyone's skin is different :'D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried a few No7 products but nothing has every really "wow'd" me so I prefer the Botantics line too. Will have to look into the rose toner as I'm thinking of using toner in my routine again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EOS has seriously saved my lips! Oooo I might have to look up the DHC one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Pam!
    Glad you're enjoying the Mango Essence :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you'll love it. The DHC Lip Cream has an olive oil base, so it keeps your lips very moisturized. The price isn't bad, either. Generally they have them on sale for $16USD for two tubes. I like to keep one in my purse and another in my makeup box to layer over lip tints.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me a comment; it makes me happy :D
I try to reply to all comments so don't forget to check back!